The purpose of the contract is to provide the essential elements for the establishment of a fully functioning monitoring mechanism of greenhouse gas emissions in Turkey, in line with the EU Monitoring Mechanism Decision 280/2004/EC, while taking into account relevant and likely aspects of the expected revision of the Decision. Within the scope of this contract, the contractor will provide technical assistance on:
- assessment and improvement of the legal and institutional situation and the identification of the steps needed
- improvement of the quality of the national inventory reports,
- improvement of the technical capacity for preparing the elements of the national communications.
- Institutional, legal and procedural arrangements in place and linked to the planning, preparation and management of the inventory;
- Improvement of the quality of the National Inventory Reports (for all its sectors, Energy, Industrial processes, Solvents, Agriculture, LULUCF, Waste, including F-Gases) through in-depth revision of submissions, training and capacity building, with a focus on improved estimations and reporting following UNFCCC and IPCC guidelines.
- Improvement of the data quality and technical capacity for preparing elements of the National Communications and biennial update report
- P.A.N.G.E.A. SOC. COOP. CONS. (leader)
- ISPRA – Istitute Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale
- GHGMI – Greenhouse Gas Management Institute
- CREA – Consiglio per la Ricerca in Agricoltura e l’Analisi dell’Economia
- LDK Consultants International S.A.
- ESCARUS TSKB Sustainability Consultancy Inc.