Objectives of the Assignment:
The main objective of SUCELLOG is to increase the participation of the agrarian sector in the sustainable supply of solid biofuels in Europe. SUCELLOG action focuses in an almost unexploited logistic concept: the implementation of biomass logistic centres in the agro-industry as a complement to their usual activity evidencing the large synergy existing between the agro-food economy and the bio-economy. Alfalfa dehydration, grain drying or seed oil extraction industries among others, account with pelletizers, drying systems, silos, conveyors and work in most of the cases under the seasonal regime. These facilities can be utilized in the idle periods to handle and pre-treat biomass feedstocks obtained from different sources existing in the area (agrarian and forestry residues, landscape cleaning, etc.) into high-quality solid biofuels. SUCELLOG will support the creation of solid biofuel logistic centres covering the gap of knowledge that agro-food industries face. This action will be the baseline to build-up skills in the regional and national agrarian associations to whom these beneficiaries belong to.
SUCELLOG goal is to foster the involvement of the agrarian sector in the supply of sustainable solid biofuels. SUCELLOG will achieve this goal by:
- Providing technical support and helping decision-making to agro-industries willing to start operating as solid biofuel logistic centres.
- Creating capacity building in regional and national agrarian associations to provide support service to their associates and so ensuring permanent capacity in EU beyond the end of the project.
- CIRCE – Research Centre for Energy Resources and Consumption, Spain
- WIP – Renewable Energies, Germany
- SPANISH COOPERATIVES – Cooperativas Agro-alimentarias de España
- Lk Stmk – Styrian Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry, Austria
- SCDF – Services Coop de France
- RAGT – RAGT Energie SAS, France