Objectives of the Assignment:
The project aims at achieving the challenges of the topic EE 16-2014/2015. Regarding the use of cost-effective energy solutions, the project objective is to reduce energy consumption at a short term in a range between 10% and 15% in 81 businesses belonging to the agro-food target sectors of the project (namely crop drying, meat and poultry, dairy, and fruit and vegetables transformation). This reduction must be achieved without any decrease in the production capacity of the companies and maintaining correct socioeconomic and environmental conditions. In order to do that, the project will work with the uptake of specific and cross-cutting innovative technologies and techniques, in which efficacy has been proven in other industrial sectors, different from the agro-food sector, but are not familiar to/are not commonly implemented in this sector.
On the other hand, the project pursues larger savings in the medium term with new affordable energy solutions, specifically by developing the concept of “Cooperative Energy Management Systems”. It will take advantage of complementarities and synergies between similar companies and will use them for the improvement of their joint energy efficiency. For this purpose, 6 pilot industrial clusters will be run in order to prove the improvements of total energy consumptions and its associated costs, achieved by using common procedures based on ISO 50.001 and supported by a specific software developed by the project
- SPANISH COOPERATIVES – Cooperativas Agro-alimentarias de España
- SCDF – Services Coop de France
- Confederação Nacional de Cooperativas Agrícolas e do Crédito Agrícola de Portugal, CONFAGRI
- CIRCE – Research Centre for Energy Resources and Consumption, Spain
- L&F, Danish Agriculture and Food Council, participates as association of cooperatives in Denmark.
- Gaia Epicheirein anonymi etaireia psifiakon ypiresion, Greece
- LANTMÄNNEN Ekonomisk Forening
- UPM, Polytechnic University of Madrid
- ENEA, Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development