The conversion of the Hospital of Treviso has been the objective of an initiative of Project Financing to better meet the modern health-care needs according to several destination, distribution and functional specification:
– the construction of a building with an high-tech centralized and integrated surgical center, with intensive and semi-intensive inpatient treatment wards;
– the conversion of existing volumes in more modern facilities suitable for the provision ofmore eficient health services;
– the merging into a single site of activities scattered across the territory;
– the creation of a green area (about 4 hectares) improving the Citadel, the river Sile (which flows through the area) and the general context of the city, allowing also the creation of a pedestrian and cycle route linking the urban areas of “Madonna Grande” and “Prà dea Fiera”;
– the reduction of the spaces dedicated to health care as a result of the optimization of the buildings to reallocate the administrative oces previously spread in several other locations;
– the redevelopment of a derelict area (ex Vetrelco) for training purposes.