Objectives of the Assignment:
The overall objective of the LIFE WetFlyAmphibia project is to improve the conservation status of the populations of amphibians and butterflies living in open wet areas inside the Foreste Casentinesi, Monte Falterona and Campigna National Park. The project proposes, therefore, to carry out several conservation actions aimed to stop the threats of the population of amphibians and butterflies of open wet areas. These actions mainly consist of the reinforcement of the populations and the restoration of wetlands that over time have greatly reduced. The restoration of these environments does not only provide the physical realization of wetlands for butterflies and amphibians but also provides the restoration of habitat 6430 which is currently undergoing a regression process (habitat 6430).
Website of the project:
- D.R.E.Am. Italia (member of P.A.N.G.E.A. SOC. COOP. CONS.)
- Arma dei Carabinieri – Comando Unità per la Tutela Forestale, Ambientale e Agroalimentare Carabinieri – Reparto Carabinieri Biodiversità di Pratovecchio
- Unione dei Comuni Montani del Casentino
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
- Università degli Studi di Pavia